When entering the field of Audiology in 1993, Dr. Shannon Smith, co-owner of Allied Hearing, would never have believed how gratifying it would be help others enjoy life to their fullest through improved hearing. A firm believer in excellence of Audiology services, she uses her education and experience to help each patient make the best decision based upon their unique needs.
Dr. Smith feels that superior results are achieved when you pay close attention to the small details and take the time to get to know each and every patient on a personal level. Her areas of specialty include tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and amplification.
Born and raised in the Thumb, Shannon and her husband Patrick have two children, Alexa and Logan. Outside the office, you’ll often find Shannon cheering on her children at their various sporting events. She also loves to travel, exercise, and cook great food.
- Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida, 2005
- Master of Arts in Audiology, Central Michigan University, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, Michigan State University, 1986
Licensure and Certification
- Fellow, American Academy of Audiology
- Scholar Award for Continuing Education, American Academy of Audiology, 2012
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Board Certified, American Board of Audiology
- Licensed Audiologist, State of Michigan