Being a clinical audiologist for the past 30 years and owner of Allied Hearing gives Dr. Shannon Smith a unique insight into how to help her patients achieve their greatest success.
A Central Michigan and Michigan State University graduate, Dr. Smith started her career at Burns Clinic in Petoskey working with ear, nose, and throat physicians. She strives to provide the best care for her patients by utilizing best practices and taking the time to get to know each patient. Dr. Smith feels that exemplary care is achieved by using creativity and paying attention to minor details for every patient. Her days revolve around her wonderful husband and co-owner Patrick, her daughter Lexy and son Logan, and dog Sadie. A little-known fact about Dr. Smith: she once chased a purse snatcher and caught him (and would not recommend that anyone else attempts that).
- Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida, 2005
- Master of Arts in Audiology, Central Michigan University, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education, Michigan State University, 1986
Licensure and Certification
- Scholar Award for Continuing Education, American Academy of Audiology, 2012
- Certificate of Clinical Competence, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Licensed Audiologist, State of Michigan
Find Allied Hearing on:
- Community for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing